Try Nordic pole walking. See if you like it!
$20, borrow poles for free during lesson.
NB: You must pre-register for the lesson you want.
Register and pay through this website, or email Linda at Linda4success@shaw.ca
During this lesson you will learn three things:
- The basic skill of Nordic style pole walking. You may not be a master of the skill at the end, but you will have enough of an experience to know if you would like to continue or not. If you took a Learn lesson in the past, THIS IS ALSO A GREAT WAY TO REFRESH YOUR SKILLS. Every time I teach a class I learn a more effective way to teach. What I know now in terms of getting people started quickly, is quite different.
- The difference between different kinds of poles, the advantages of Nordic poles for Nordic pole walking, and how to adjust the height of your poles to suit you perfectly.
- What health benefits Nordic style pole walking gives you. NOTE: If you have sore feet, knees, hips, back…..this may be the only way you can get great exercise!
The other day I was out for my Nordic pole walking fitness session, zooming around the sidewalks in my neighbourhood, when I passed a (same age) lady I used to work with years ago. We stopped and chatted. She said, “When I get older and need poles I’ll call you and learn to pole walk.” I said, “YOU ARE MISSING THE ENTIRE POINT OF NORDIC POLE WALKING. Nordic pole walking is a way you can get super fit regardless of your age, or aches and pains.” She didn’t get it. She (and many people) have locked into their brains the idea that pole walking is to help old people with balance and stability issues. Because of this unfortunate limited viewpoint, they are missing one of the greatest exercises ever invented!
NORDIC POLE WALKING:
- Feels good
- Creates external and internal health benefits quickly
- Is Convenient
- Is Affordable
- Is Do-able
- Contains fun/social elements, and out in nature.
- Is KIND TO THE BODY
Lots of free parking
Main roads and bus service to this location.
Excellent quiet sidewalk to learn on
Fresh ocean air
Well lit at night
Steps from Spinnakers Pub