April 2017 – September 2018
ONE, TWO, THREE…….STEPS TO SUCCESS!
- FREE SEMINAR (Wed April 5 at 1:30pm)
What makes Nordic Style Pole Walking Effective & Do-Able …at any age or condition?
Thanks to Weight Watchers for letting us use their beautiful seminar room. Don’t have to be a Weight Watcher to attend this seminar. Just attend! Royal Oak shopping center is a convenient location for many people.
THIS free SEMINAR COULD BE THE START OF SOMETHING GREAT FOR YOU! Find out what makes Nordic Pole walking the best exercise for the most people. If you are like the dozens of people who have attended this seminar before, you will be pleasantly surprised to learn WHY this exercise, taken from cross-country skiing, is so effective for so many people.
ARE YOU SEARCHING FOR AN EXERCISE THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO, THAT ACTUALLY CREATES RESULTS, AND THAT YOU ACTUALLY LOOK FORWARD TO DOING?
Nordic pole walking is it. FIND OUT WHY!
2. LEARN LESSON: Try Nordic pole walking to see if you like it. (Wed 1:30pm, meet outside Weight Watchers center on Viewmont)
On Wednesday April 12, you are to try Nordic style pole walking to see if you like it. Learn the four basic steps with Nordixx Canada Master Pole walk instructor Linda Schaumleffel. ($20 class fee. Register and pay through this EVENT CALENDAR. Click on April 12.) Get a feel for Nordic style pole walking before you decide. If you like it you can purchase the best poles from Linda at the end of the lesson ($91).
3. TWO free ROYAL OAK NEIGHBOURHOOD POLE WALKING CLUBS
WEDNESDAY at 12:00noon….starting in front of the Weight Watcher office.
FRIDAY at …….starting in front of the Weight Watcher office.
Let “your gang” help you be accountable to your exercise program. Meet new friends to boot.
FREE SUMMER NORDIC POLE WALK ADVENTURE
June 24 kick-off party in Sooke. Walk first section of Goose and have lunch.
Sept 16 end-part in Victoria at Glo restaurant (Selkirk Waterway)
This is your passport to summer fun. Get your PASSPORT. Walk with the entire gang to start and finish the Galloping Goose, and then through the summer, pole walk each section at your leisure to fill your passport.
More details to follow.
There are many benefits to you to join in with this WALK (in addition to saving women’s lives through research)
- Get back into fitness gear after a summer break.
- Walk with the Pole Walk Clubs…there is a group with a speed and distance just right for you.
- (Borrow poles for free from Linda if you have not pole walked before.)
- Discover the amazing public trails at Royal Roads
- Fun! Free food.
- Meet a new friend.
There could be up to 60 pole walkers attending this event!
Here is the link again to join this walk:
WHEN YOU CLICK ON JOIN A TEAM, you can either
- Join the team and walk at Royal Roads
- Donate to help the PoleWalkers for a Cure exceed their goal, and not walk at the event.
If you have questions, contact TEAM LEADER, Jennifer Smyth at firstname.lastname@example.org