April 2017 – September 2018
ONE, TWO, THREE…….STEPS TO SUCCESS!
- FREE SEMINAR (Wed April 5 at 1:30pm)
What makes Nordic Style Pole Walking Effective & Do-Able …at any age or condition?
Thanks to Weight Watchers for letting us use their beautiful seminar room. Don’t have to be a Weight Watcher to attend this seminar. Just attend! Royal Oak shopping center is a convenient location for many people.
THIS free SEMINAR COULD BE THE START OF SOMETHING GREAT FOR YOU! Find out what makes Nordic Pole walking the best exercise for the most people. If you are like the dozens of people who have attended this seminar before, you will be pleasantly surprised to learn WHY this exercise, taken from cross-country skiing, is so effective for so many people.
ARE YOU SEARCHING FOR AN EXERCISE THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO, THAT ACTUALLY CREATES RESULTS, AND THAT YOU ACTUALLY LOOK FORWARD TO DOING?
Nordic pole walking is it. FIND OUT WHY!
2. LEARN LESSON: Try Nordic pole walking to see if you like it. (Wed 1:30pm, meet outside Weight Watchers center on Viewmont)
On Wednesday April 12, you are to try Nordic style pole walking to see if you like it. Learn the four basic steps with Nordixx Canada Master Pole walk instructor Linda Schaumleffel. ($20 class fee. Register and pay through this EVENT CALENDAR. Click on April 12.) Get a feel for Nordic style pole walking before you decide. If you like it you can purchase the best poles from Linda at the end of the lesson ($91).
3. TWO free ROYAL OAK NEIGHBOURHOOD POLE WALKING CLUBS
WEDNESDAY at 12:00noon….starting in front of the Weight Watcher office.
FRIDAY at …….starting in front of the Weight Watcher office.
Let “your gang” help you be accountable to your exercise program. Meet new friends to boot.
FREE SUMMER NORDIC POLE WALK ADVENTURE
June 24 kick-off party in Sooke. Walk first section of Goose and have lunch.
Sept 16 end-part in Victoria at Glo restaurant (Selkirk Waterway)
This is your passport to summer fun. Get your PASSPORT. Walk with the entire gang to start and finish the Galloping Goose, and then through the summer, pole walk each section at your leisure to fill your passport.
More details to follow.
5km or the distance you want to pole walk….. at Royal Roads …..this is a fun event
JOIN Jennifer Smyth’s team….POLEWALKERS FOR A CURE….and walk/polewalk in the event.
HERE’S HOW: To register for the team, Click here to visit Jennifer’s personal page.
and then click “Join Jennifer’s team” and follow the directions.
THE AUTUMN CLASSIC
is the fun wind-up event celebrating a year of Nordic pole walking, and the growth of our Neighbourhood clubs, and the official end to our season…time changes this weekend.
First we pole walk on the Westshore Walk Way, and then we party at 6-Mile Pub.
YOUR NON-POLING FRIENDS, RELATIVES, SPOUSE, VISITORS ARE INVITED TO JOIN AND WALK. (Everyone wear your team colours and bring a sign with your team name on it…for the big photo shoot. Team colours means: similar coloured t-shirts/tops, same hats, your team colour bandanas, or??? Smart teams will be prepared to persuade unattached participants to join their club for the day.)
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED $10 for ALL participants (npw or walking).
- REGISTER & PAY through this site
- OR Email Linda4success@shaw.ca to make arrangements with Linda
- OR Register and Pay through your Club Leaders (Val, Jan, Jennifer, Janette, Glenice).
THE WALK: Choose from one of four routes:
- Easy Does It….approx. 1.3 km (slightly undulating)
- Once is Enough….one loop of Westshore Walk Way (2.5km) (mostly flat, some undulations, 2 mild hills)
- Loop-de-Loop….two loops of Westshore Walk Way (5.0km) (mostly flat, some undulations, 2 mild hills X2)
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough Challenge for Quads and Trios (one 2.5km loop with two 1.0km HILL loops in the middle)
EXPERIENCE THE TRADIONAL “LOVE TUNNEL OF POLES” AS YOU ARRIVE AT THE FINISH.
SPECIAL INVITATION! Do you bake a GREAT “trail bar”?
We are having THE BEST BAR CHALLENGE.
To enter, register for the Autumn Classic, then email Linda4success@shaw.ca indicating your willingness to participate in challenge, and submit your recipe. You will bake your BEST TRAIL BAR, cut it into 1/2 inch cubes, then at end of pole walking event you will offer a sample to each event participant and vie for VOTES. (We will have it set up for you, kind of like a “tail gate” party. You will receive your $10 event fee back in exchange for your special participation) All the participants will have one vote and will vote for their FAVOURITE BAR. The BEST BAR CHALLENGE winner will receive a prize.
EVERYONE IS ENTERED FOR THE PRIZE DRAWS!
TWO TROPHIES UP FOR GRABS
BEST TEAM TROPHY will be won according to a secret formula that fairly ranks teams by number of participants and fitness (finish order).
BEST QUAD TROPHY will be won by the QUAD or TRIO TEAM that completes the HILL CHALLENGE COURSE in the fastest time.
PARTY AT 6-MILE PUB
After the exercise/adventure part of the morning, everyone will reconvene at 6-MILE PUB. We have a big room reserved. Place your order as soon as you arrive. FREE nachos will be brought to your table.
HERE’S THE FUN AGENDA
- Everyone will receive a little registration package with a few fun goodies.
- Enjoy nachos while waiting for your lunch to arrive.
- VISIT “Love Your Pole” station where you can purchase missing clips, sand caps, or renew the straps, handles, rubber tips, fanny packs.
- Challenge your puzzle skills with fun game.
- Learn names, share “best” comment, make new friends.
- ENJOY THE GREAT FOOD 6-MILE PUB HAS TO OFFER.
- Prize draws….
- Applaud winner of BEST TRAIL BAR contest.
- Be the first to hear about NEW PROJECT in the works.
- Cheer for the BEST TEAM
- Cheer for BEST QUAD
- CHALK UP another great event, friends, and health….because of Nordic pole walking.
ONCE IN A LIFETIME ADVENTURE!
The opening of Victoria’s New Blue Bridge. March 31, 2018 12:00-5:00pm.
New Blue Bridge Opening Day NORDIC Pole Walk Adventure 12:00-3:00pm
$20. MUST PRE-REGISTER! Click on button on this site, and pay with PayPal, Visa, MC.
Led by your tour host, retired Olympian, Linda Schaumleffel, this tour will meet near Spinnakers Pub, and pole walk across the NEW BLUE BRIDGE during the opening day celebrations. Tour consists of pole walk to and across New Blue Bridge, a small tour through new Chinatown, a treat from Chinese bakery, exploration of festivities on Old Blue Bridge, and return to Spinnakers. Included in tour will be a festive bandana, a group photo on New Blue Bridge emailed to you, an authentic treat in Chinatown, a visit to inspiring art installation, plus historic notes from tour guide, Linda Schaumleffel. Bonus: increased fitness because we will be pole walking (so bring your poles). Friends and family who don’t have poles may borrow poles from Linda and join our tour (reserve poles early, limited supply).
You can get to Spinnakers easily from the Esquimalt, Westshore, View Royal, Penninsula side of town. Coming across town to Spinnakers, go across on Hillside or Bay Street. Leave extra time to find parking. You can also take the bus to Spinnakers. A smart person might make a reservation at Spinnakers for an early brunch, and then go on Pole Walk adventure. If you plan to go to Spinnakers after the walk, make a reservation!
GET A FREE MINI POLE WALK LESSON AT 11:00am. Must pre-register.
IF YOU NEED TO BORROW POLES COME AT 11:00am.
There are many benefits to you to join in with this WALK (in addition to saving women’s lives through research)
- Get back into fitness gear after a summer break.
- Walk with the Pole Walk Clubs…there is a group with a speed and distance just right for you.
- (Borrow poles for free from Linda if you have not pole walked before.)
- Discover the amazing public trails at Royal Roads
- Fun! Free food.
- Meet a new friend.
There could be up to 60 pole walkers attending this event!
Here is the link again to join this walk:
WHEN YOU CLICK ON JOIN A TEAM, you can either
- Join the team and walk at Royal Roads
- Donate to help the PoleWalkers for a Cure exceed their goal, and not walk at the event.
If you have questions, contact TEAM LEADER, Jennifer Smyth at email@example.com