April 2017 – November 2018
One class. Borrow poles for free.
MUST PRE-REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS. You can register and pay through this site. Click on button. (VISA, MC, PayPal) Small class size for maximum coaching! PS The best Nordic Poles available (if desired) for sale at end of class ($91)
Learn the FOUR BASIC STEPS of Nordic Style pole walking so that you will know if you like this exercise and if it feels good to your body. If you are like thousands before you, you will be surprised that there is a technique to follow, that this technique helps the body to relax/let go of pain, and that you feel powerful as you push on those poles! Regardless of age, fitness level, and “problems”, most people find that Nordic style pole walking is very accommodating and DO-ABLE. What a great way to exercise 90% of your muscles, and burn almost twice the calories of plain walking.
NORDIC POLE WALKING is the perfect companion piece for the great Weight Watcher’s food program. This is a combination made in heaven. Nordic style pole walking takes the pressure off feet, knees, hips, and low back that may be temporarily strained under too much body weight. Nordic pole walking will meet you at whatever your current fitness level is. Whether you are struggling to get to the end of the driveway, or are looking for an effective exercise that you can do as much as you want, NORDIC POLE WALKING IS THE ANSWER.
Convenient, Affordable, Effective, Do-Able!
SCIENTIFIC PRESCRIPTION FOR HEALTH WITH NORDIC POLE WALKING? Pole walk minimum of 3 x week for 30 minutes. YOU CAN DO THIS!
Sooooooooo….this LEARN LESSON is where you can try out Nordic pole walking for yourself!
Hurray! TC10KM EVENT
You must register through the TC10k.ca website.
FOR POLE WALKERS, REGISTER FOR AFTER PARTY AT 4 MILE RESTAURANT
BY EMAILING LINDA at Linda4success@shaw.ca
Must let Linda know you are coming as we are making a group reservation. Seating is limited!
Great menu! Choose your lunch and pay for it.
Details to follow.
Public welcome. Free.
Linda Schaumleffel, Presenter: “A Total Body Workout in the Time it Takes to Walk. No Sweat!”
Discover how Nordic pole walking is the perfect antidote to DESK SITTING JOBS.
Details to follow.
Public welcome. Free.
Linda Schaumleffel, Presenter: “A Total Body Workout in the Time it Takes to Walk. No Sweat!” Discover how Nordic pole walking is the perfect antidote to DESK SITTING JOBS.
THE AUTUMN CLASSIC
is the fun wind-up event celebrating a year of Nordic pole walking, and the growth of our Neighbourhood clubs, and the official end to our season…time changes this weekend.
First we pole walk on the Westshore Walk Way, and then we party at 6-Mile Pub.
YOUR NON-POLING FRIENDS, RELATIVES, SPOUSE, VISITORS ARE INVITED TO JOIN AND WALK. (Everyone wear your team colours and bring a sign with your team name on it…for the big photo shoot. Team colours means: similar coloured t-shirts/tops, same hats, your team colour bandanas, or??? Smart teams will be prepared to persuade unattached participants to join their club for the day.)
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED $10 for ALL participants (npw or walking).
- REGISTER & PAY through this site
- OR Email Linda4success@shaw.ca to make arrangements with Linda
- OR Register and Pay through your Club Leaders (Val, Jan, Jennifer, Janette, Glenice).
THE WALK: Choose from one of four routes:
- Easy Does It….approx. 1.3 km (slightly undulating)
- Once is Enough….one loop of Westshore Walk Way (2.5km) (mostly flat, some undulations, 2 mild hills)
- Loop-de-Loop….two loops of Westshore Walk Way (5.0km) (mostly flat, some undulations, 2 mild hills X2)
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough Challenge for Quads and Trios (one 2.5km loop with two 1.0km HILL loops in the middle)
EXPERIENCE THE TRADIONAL “LOVE TUNNEL OF POLES” AS YOU ARRIVE AT THE FINISH.
SPECIAL INVITATION! Do you bake a GREAT “trail bar”?
We are having THE BEST BAR CHALLENGE.
To enter, register for the Autumn Classic, then email Linda4success@shaw.ca indicating your willingness to participate in challenge, and submit your recipe. You will bake your BEST TRAIL BAR, cut it into 1/2 inch cubes, then at end of pole walking event you will offer a sample to each event participant and vie for VOTES. (We will have it set up for you, kind of like a “tail gate” party. You will receive your $10 event fee back in exchange for your special participation) All the participants will have one vote and will vote for their FAVOURITE BAR. The BEST BAR CHALLENGE winner will receive a prize.
EVERYONE IS ENTERED FOR THE PRIZE DRAWS!
TWO TROPHIES UP FOR GRABS
BEST TEAM TROPHY will be won according to a secret formula that fairly ranks teams by number of participants and fitness (finish order).
BEST QUAD TROPHY will be won by the QUAD or TRIO TEAM that completes the HILL CHALLENGE COURSE in the fastest time.
PARTY AT 6-MILE PUB
After the exercise/adventure part of the morning, everyone will reconvene at 6-MILE PUB. We have a big room reserved. Place your order as soon as you arrive. FREE nachos will be brought to your table.
HERE’S THE FUN AGENDA
- Everyone will receive a little registration package with a few fun goodies.
- Enjoy nachos while waiting for your lunch to arrive.
- VISIT “Love Your Pole” station where you can purchase missing clips, sand caps, or renew the straps, handles, rubber tips, fanny packs.
- Challenge your puzzle skills with fun game.
- Learn names, share “best” comment, make new friends.
- ENJOY THE GREAT FOOD 6-MILE PUB HAS TO OFFER.
- Prize draws….
- Applaud winner of BEST TRAIL BAR contest.
- Be the first to hear about NEW PROJECT in the works.
- Cheer for the BEST TEAM
- Cheer for BEST QUAD
- CHALK UP another great event, friends, and health….because of Nordic pole walking.
This is the official annual final event of the year, on the day that darkness returns. Receive your registration package when you arrive….it contains some surprises for you, and after-party prize draw ticket. After party at 6-mile pub.
YOU CAN REGISTER & PAY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, OR REGISTER & PAY WITH YOUR CLUB LEADER.
This fun event has FOUR COURSES to choose from on the day of the event:
- 1km easy-squeezy course
- 2.5km mostly level course, with just one hill. (approx 30 minutes)
- 5.0km mostly level course, but climb the one hill two times. (approx 60-70 minutes)
- 7km CHALLENGE COURSE which includes two loops of the 1km HILL. (approx 60-70 minutes)
TWO TROPHIES UP FOR GRABS!
BEST TEAM will be the most fit team (combined in all the courses). Total number of participants really gives your team an edge! (We will be using an easy traditional cross-country meet scoring method which rewards both fastest person and biggest team.)
BEST QUAD will be the fastest QUAD TEAM around the 7km challenge course.
ON SITE SURPRISES….TBA
YEAR END PARTY AT 6-MILE HOUSE
We’ve booked the big room again! Choose and pay for whatever delicious lunch you desire
- LOTS OF SPECIAL DOOR PRIZES
- AWARDING OF BEST TEAM and BEST QUAD trophies.
- sharing the best things about Nordic pole walking in 2018.
- a sneak peak at exciting agenda for winter training and the Spring 2019 season.