May 2017 – November 2018
Discover the potential of VOXX SOCKS and INSOLES
by participating in this small group (max 8 people) DEMO and INFO session.
Really, this has to be seen to believed!
How many of you want to get healthier through fitness with Nordic Pole walking?
How many of you are stopped from exercising by pain, low fitness, or balance issues?
VOXX WILL HELP YOU!
How many of you are fairly healthy but want to do even more?
VOXX WILL HELP YOU!
YOU REGISTER ONLINE TO ATTEND…or EMAIL LINDA…Linda4success@shaw.ca
The theory is that VOXX stimulates through the very sensitive acupressure points on the foot, the mid-brain to relax and do it’s job better. The mid-brain is in charge of all autonomic processes . This includes such things as balance, pain, strength, co-ordination, breathing….. I’m going to look up what are the autonomic processes in the human body. What if those areas could function better? What would that mean to your life? We are just exploring the effects, and we are hearing some amazing testimonials… Check it out for yourself at this DEMO.
THIS SMALL GROUP DEMO EVENING AT MY HOUSE
WILL GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO FEEL
THE IMMEDIATE EFFECT OF THESE VOXX SOCKS AND INSOLES.
To date, everyone is truly amazed. How are you going to know? Check it out via this demo.
If it’s not for you, no problem.
FREE SUMMER NORDIC POLE WALK ADVENTURE
June 24 kick-off party in Sooke. Walk first section of Goose and have lunch.
Sept 16 end-part in Victoria at Glo restaurant (Selkirk Waterway)
This is your passport to summer fun. Get your PASSPORT. Walk with the entire gang to start and finish the Galloping Goose, and then through the summer, pole walk each section at your leisure to fill your passport.
More details to follow.
THE AUTUMN CLASSIC
is the fun wind-up event celebrating a year of Nordic pole walking, and the growth of our Neighbourhood clubs, and the official end to our season…time changes this weekend.
First we pole walk on the Westshore Walk Way, and then we party at 6-Mile Pub.
YOUR NON-POLING FRIENDS, RELATIVES, SPOUSE, VISITORS ARE INVITED TO JOIN AND WALK. (Everyone wear your team colours and bring a sign with your team name on it…for the big photo shoot. Team colours means: similar coloured t-shirts/tops, same hats, your team colour bandanas, or??? Smart teams will be prepared to persuade unattached participants to join their club for the day.)
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED $10 for ALL participants (npw or walking).
- REGISTER & PAY through this site
- OR Email Linda4success@shaw.ca to make arrangements with Linda
- OR Register and Pay through your Club Leaders (Val, Jan, Jennifer, Janette, Glenice).
THE WALK: Choose from one of four routes:
- Easy Does It….approx. 1.3 km (slightly undulating)
- Once is Enough….one loop of Westshore Walk Way (2.5km) (mostly flat, some undulations, 2 mild hills)
- Loop-de-Loop….two loops of Westshore Walk Way (5.0km) (mostly flat, some undulations, 2 mild hills X2)
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough Challenge for Quads and Trios (one 2.5km loop with two 1.0km HILL loops in the middle)
EXPERIENCE THE TRADIONAL “LOVE TUNNEL OF POLES” AS YOU ARRIVE AT THE FINISH.
SPECIAL INVITATION! Do you bake a GREAT “trail bar”?
We are having THE BEST BAR CHALLENGE.
To enter, register for the Autumn Classic, then email Linda4success@shaw.ca indicating your willingness to participate in challenge, and submit your recipe. You will bake your BEST TRAIL BAR, cut it into 1/2 inch cubes, then at end of pole walking event you will offer a sample to each event participant and vie for VOTES. (We will have it set up for you, kind of like a “tail gate” party. You will receive your $10 event fee back in exchange for your special participation) All the participants will have one vote and will vote for their FAVOURITE BAR. The BEST BAR CHALLENGE winner will receive a prize.
EVERYONE IS ENTERED FOR THE PRIZE DRAWS!
TWO TROPHIES UP FOR GRABS
BEST TEAM TROPHY will be won according to a secret formula that fairly ranks teams by number of participants and fitness (finish order).
BEST QUAD TROPHY will be won by the QUAD or TRIO TEAM that completes the HILL CHALLENGE COURSE in the fastest time.
PARTY AT 6-MILE PUB
After the exercise/adventure part of the morning, everyone will reconvene at 6-MILE PUB. We have a big room reserved. Place your order as soon as you arrive. FREE nachos will be brought to your table.
HERE’S THE FUN AGENDA
- Everyone will receive a little registration package with a few fun goodies.
- Enjoy nachos while waiting for your lunch to arrive.
- VISIT “Love Your Pole” station where you can purchase missing clips, sand caps, or renew the straps, handles, rubber tips, fanny packs.
- Challenge your puzzle skills with fun game.
- Learn names, share “best” comment, make new friends.
- ENJOY THE GREAT FOOD 6-MILE PUB HAS TO OFFER.
- Prize draws….
- Applaud winner of BEST TRAIL BAR contest.
- Be the first to hear about NEW PROJECT in the works.
- Cheer for the BEST TEAM
- Cheer for BEST QUAD
- CHALK UP another great event, friends, and health….because of Nordic pole walking.
There are many benefits to you to join in with this WALK (in addition to saving women’s lives through research)
- Get back into fitness gear after a summer break.
- Walk with the Pole Walk Clubs…there is a group with a speed and distance just right for you.
- (Borrow poles for free from Linda if you have not pole walked before.)
- Discover the amazing public trails at Royal Roads
- Fun! Free food.
- Meet a new friend.
There could be up to 60 pole walkers attending this event!
Here is the link again to join this walk:
WHEN YOU CLICK ON JOIN A TEAM, you can either
- Join the team and walk at Royal Roads
- Donate to help the PoleWalkers for a Cure exceed their goal, and not walk at the event.
If you have questions, contact TEAM LEADER, Jennifer Smyth at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the official annual final event of the year, on the day that darkness returns. Receive your registration package when you arrive….it contains some surprises for you, and after-party prize draw ticket. After party at 6-mile pub.
YOU CAN REGISTER & PAY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, OR REGISTER & PAY WITH YOUR CLUB LEADER.
This fun event has FOUR COURSES to choose from on the day of the event:
- 1km easy-squeezy course
- 2.5km mostly level course, with just one hill. (approx 30 minutes)
- 5.0km mostly level course, but climb the one hill two times. (approx 60-70 minutes)
- 7km CHALLENGE COURSE which includes two loops of the 1km HILL. (approx 60-70 minutes)
TWO TROPHIES UP FOR GRABS!
BEST TEAM will be the most fit team (combined in all the courses). Total number of participants really gives your team an edge! (We will be using an easy traditional cross-country meet scoring method which rewards both fastest person and biggest team.)
BEST QUAD will be the fastest QUAD TEAM around the 7km challenge course.
ON SITE SURPRISES….TBA
YEAR END PARTY AT 6-MILE HOUSE
We’ve booked the big room again! Choose and pay for whatever delicious lunch you desire
- LOTS OF SPECIAL DOOR PRIZES
- AWARDING OF BEST TEAM and BEST QUAD trophies.
- sharing the best things about Nordic pole walking in 2018.
- a sneak peak at exciting agenda for winter training and the Spring 2019 season.