May – November 2018
Seminar: Will Nordic Pole Walking Work for Me?
Talk to LINDA SCHAUMLEFFEL (retired Olympian, car accident survivor, arthritis, Nordic Canada Master Pole Walk Instructor) to ask all your questions. She has taught over 2500 people to NOrdic style pole walk, and has rehabbed her own health by Nordic pole walking.
Will Nordic Pole Walking Work for YOU!
What is it? What kind of poles are required? What makes NORDIC style different from other uses of poles? Why does scientific research find such astounding results using NORDIC STYLE pole walking? Will it work for me? Where do I start? How much does it cost? What does it take to do Nordic Pole walking? Can I do it even though I have……… ?
This is the official annual final event of the year, on the day that darkness returns. Receive your registration package when you arrive….it contains some surprises for you, and after-party prize draw ticket. After party at 6-mile pub.
YOU CAN REGISTER & PAY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, OR REGISTER & PAY WITH YOUR CLUB LEADER.
This fun event has FOUR COURSES to choose from on the day of the event:
- 1km easy-squeezy course
- 2.5km mostly level course, with just one hill. (approx 30 minutes)
- 5.0km mostly level course, but climb the one hill two times. (approx 60-70 minutes)
- 7km CHALLENGE COURSE which includes two loops of the 1km HILL. (approx 60-70 minutes)
TWO TROPHIES UP FOR GRABS!
BEST TEAM will be the most fit team (combined in all the courses). Total number of participants really gives your team an edge! (We will be using an easy traditional cross-country meet scoring method which rewards both fastest person and biggest team.)
BEST QUAD will be the fastest QUAD TEAM around the 7km challenge course.
ON SITE SURPRISES….TBA
YEAR END PARTY AT 6-MILE HOUSE
We’ve booked the big room again! Choose and pay for whatever delicious lunch you desire
- LOTS OF SPECIAL DOOR PRIZES
- AWARDING OF BEST TEAM and BEST QUAD trophies.
- sharing the best things about Nordic pole walking in 2018.
- a sneak peak at exciting agenda for winter training and the Spring 2019 season.