NORDIC STYLE WALKING LOOKS LIKE THIS!
Elegant, in alignment, powerful yet relaxed, easy on the feet/knees/hips, and using 90% of the body’s muscles for maximum calorie burn and health benefits. IT SHOULD LOOK EASY, RELAXED, EFFORTLESS. You can’t see that 90% of my muscles are working, and that the “workload” is actually huge! It is a very unique exercise. Like every new skill it takes time/practice to make it look smooth and easy.
Note: The key point to focus on in this video is that my ELBOW swings to the back with every swing. See how the heel of my hand is pressing down on the strap and continues to press down all the way to the back of the swing. You will learn how to relax your hand while putting pressure on the strap. Eventually your strength and technique will improve so that you push the strap RIGHT TO THE BACK; then the pole tip responds by lifting itself up and replanting. I am completely relaxed and have learned how to apply force effectively. Look at how relaxed my hands are.
CRITERIA FOR EXCELLENT TECHNIQUE
1. Elbow swings behind “side mid-line” on every swing.
2. Heel/palm of hand presses down on strap from front to back.
3. It doesn’t matter if your arms are straight like mine, or if you feel more comfortable with your arms bent a bit. The important parts are that your elbow swings from the front to the back, and the heel/palm of your hand presses down on the strap from the front to the back. (Note: you may gently stabilize handle by squeezing the base of the thumb and the first finger lightly together, but all finger MUST STAY OFF HANDLE, so that the handle can pivot, allowing the boot tip to stay on the ground all the way to the back of swing.)
4. Rubber tip spontaneously springs into air consistently at end of arm swing and replants itself (as a consequence of swinging arm all the way to the back with sufficient power)
THE DIFFERENCE IN POLES….EXPLAINED!
Using the right tool for the right job makes a lot of difference.
Nordic poles vs Trekking poles vs Rehab poles
They are $79.95cdn (plus taxes & shipping if applicable).
- From Linda Schaumleffel in Victoria Linda4success@shaw.ca
- MAILED TO YOU: (We ship worldwide.) Click this button: order here Then click on “SHOP NOW” then “PRODUCTS“, then “NORDIXX POLES” and choose Nordixx Global “TRAVELER” poles $79.95. These are the poles that I recommend because they have the detachable glove straps, and fit in your suitcase.
FIVE THINGS MAKE NORDIC WALKING EXCEPTIONAL:
- CONVENIENT: Just walk out your front door and start!
- FEELS GOOD: easy on knees, shoulders/neck, hands, feels powerful and flowing.
- AFFORDABLE: Poles are $91. 1-3 Learn Classes recommended. ($20/class). Nordixx poles ($79.95 + shipping + tax)
- QUICK RESULTS: Uses 90% of the body’s muscles. Posture, LDL, BP, insulin, sleep, hip size start changing in 20-30 days.
- FUN FACTOR: breathe in nature, see the sights, socialize with fellow pole walkers, participate in events from time to time.
NORDIC WALKING IS “DO-ABLE” by anyone who can walk, and is kind of addictive once you get the hang of it.
OUR VISION STATEMENT IS “to create a community-based legacy of health through fitness with Nordic pole walking”. Why just walk (using 45% of your muscles) when you can learn to Nordic pole walk (using 90% of your muscles). FITNESS, REHAB, or FUN, Nordic pole walking has a place for you!
Questions? Contact Linda4success@shaw.ca
Note: instructor certification available. Contact me.
(INSPIRE MAGAZINE ARTICLE… http://www.seniorlivingmag.com/articles)
Nordic STYLE walking is very kind to your body (feet, knees, hips, back, shoulders and hands) and at the same time EFFECTIVELY makes you stronger and healthier. The prescription for health with Nordic Pole walking is 3x week for 30+ minutes. Go fast or slow, it works! THIS IS SOMETHING YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO! Results accrue quickly: posture, pant size, BP, LDL, insulin, energy, sleep, strength, balance, sure-footedness, coordination, recovery.