NORDIC STYLE POLE WALKING LOOKS LIKE THIS!
Elegant, in alignment, powerful yet relaxed, easy on the feet/knees/hips, and using 90% of the body’s muscles for maximum calorie burn and health benefits. IT SHOULD LOOK EASY, RELAXED, EFFORTLESS. You can’t see that 90% of my muscles are working, and that the “workload” is actually huge! It is a very unique exercise. Like every new skill it takes time/practice to make it look smooth and easy.
N-STYLE POLE WALKING
Note: The key point to focus on in this video is that my UPPER ARM swings from the shoulder toward the back with every swing. When you learn how to apply downward pressure on the strap with your relaxed hand, and keep that pressure on the strap all the way to the back of the swing, the pole tip responds by lifting itself up and replanting. I am completely relaxed and have learned how to apply force effectively. Look at how relaxed my hands are.
CRITERIA FOR EXCELLENT TECHNIQUE
1. Upper Arm Swings behind “side mid-line” on every swing.
2. Hand travels horizontally to ground, from front to back of swing, using either Nordic or “J” style.
3. Hands relaxed. (May stabilize handle by pinching handle with base of thumb and first finger, but all fingers must stay off handle and be relaxed).
4. Rubber tip spontaneously springs into air consistently at end of arm swing and replants itself (as a consequence of swinging arm back with sufficient power)
‘J-STYLE” POLE WALKING…EQUALLY EFFECTIVE
(NB In process of inserting video here)
For people with sore knees, feet, hips, or very poor balance, I modify the technique a bit calling it “J-Style” which is equally effective but more beneficial for this group of people.
Many people see these videos and think they can grab poles and just do it. HOWEVER, IF YOU WANT TO MAXIMIZE THE BENEFITS OF THIS EXERCISE, get started with good habits, learn in the quickest most efficient way, and set up a good habit THE FIRST TIME, take a LEARN LESSON (or PRIVATE LESSON). Call me! Linda4success@shaw.ca
THE DIFFERENCE IN POLES….EXPLAINED!
Using the right tool for the right job makes a lot of difference.
Nordic poles vs Trekking poles vs Rehab poles
GET NORDIXX POLES HERE
They are $79.95cdn (plus taxes & shipping if applicable).
- From Linda Schaumleffel in Victoria Linda4success@shaw.ca AND AT EVERY LESSON.
- From FRONTRUNNERS in Victoria on Vancouver & Yates St.
- MAILED TO YOU: (We ship worldwide.) Click this button: order here Then click on “SHOP NOW” then “PRODUCTS“, then “NORDIXX POLES” and choose Nordixx Global “TRAVELER” poles $79.95. These are the poles that I recommend because they have the detachable glove straps, and fit in your suitcase.
FIVE THINGS MAKE (NPW) NORDIC POLE WALKING EXCEPTIONAL:
- CONVENIENT: Just walk out your front door and start!
- FEELS GOOD: easy on knees, shoulders/neck, hands, feels powerful and flowing.
- AFFORDABLE: Poles are $91. 1-3 Learn Classes recommended. ($20/class). Nordixx poles ($79.95 + shipping + tax)
- QUICK RESULTS: Uses 90% of the body’s muscles. Posture, LDL, BP, insulin, sleep, hip size start changing in 20-30 days.
- FUN FACTOR: breathe in nature, see the sights, socialize with fellow pole walkers, participate in events from time to time.
NORDIC POLE WALKING IS “DO-ABLE” by anyone who can walk, and is kind of addictive once you get the hang of it.
OUR VISION STATEMENT IS “to create a community-based legacy of health through fitness with Nordic pole walking”. Why just walk (using 45% of your muscles) when you can learn to Nordic pole walk (using 90% of your muscles). FITNESS, REHAB, or FUN, Nordic pole walking has a place for you!
Questions? Contact Linda4success@shaw.ca
Note: instructor certification available. Contact me.
(INSPIRE MAGAZINE ARTICLE… http://www.seniorlivingmag.com/articles)
Nordic STYLE pole walking is very kind to your body (feet, knees, hips, back, shoulders and hands) and at the same time EFFECTIVELY makes you stronger and healthier. The prescription for health with Nordic Pole walking is 3x week for 30+ minutes. Go fast or slow, it works! THIS IS SOMETHING YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO! Results accrue quickly: posture, pant size, BP, LDL, insulin, energy, sleep, strength, balance, sure-footedness, coordination, recovery.